If you’re interested in seeing whether massage therapy is right for you, Swedish massage is a great place to start. To receive a full-body massage from a seasoned professional, call or e-mail Rejuvenation Massage, LLC, today. Located in Latham, we’re pleased to serve individuals throughout the Capital Region, including Troy, Albany, and the surrounding area. We’ll help you enjoy the benefit of time-tested techniques from massage therapists who will put your satisfaction above all else. Whether you prefer slow, soothing motions or are more interested in an aggressive approach, your massage therapist will be able to adapt the movements of Swedish massage to accommodate your body’s needs and achieve your desired results.
The benefits of Swedish massage include:
- Pain reduction
- Improved function of injured areas
- Improved circulation
- Stiff joint relief
- Lymph gland stimulation
Swedish Massage Techniques
Swedish massages employ five different types of motions, which will differ slightly in intensity, frequency, and style depending on your particular situation. A typical full-body massage performed in this style may include:
- Effleurage—Sliding and gliding movements that can be applied in a variety of ways, including fan-style stroking and circle-stroking.
- Petrissage—Kneading motions that compress soft tissues together slowly and firmly in order to dispel knots and promote relaxation.
- Tapotement—Rhythmic tapping performed with the palm, edge of the hand, or back of the hand.
- Friction—Properly applied friction produces heat, stimulates nerves, and soothes sore muscles.
- Vibration or shaking—This technique is commonly applied by either the massage therapist or a mechanical aid, depending on the needed intensity. Benefits include pain relief and relaxation due to increased blood flow.
Your massage therapy session may include some or all of these techniques. Your physical condition, your level of comfort with the therapeutic massage process, and your specific goals in seeking massage therapy will all affect which Swedish massage techniques will be best for you. All motions can be light and rhythmic or intense, depending on your needs. The therapists at Rejuvenation Massage will make sure you’re comfortable throughout the duration of your massage.
Rejuvenation Massage works by appointment only. That means you can rest assured that you’ll have our undivided attention during every session. Depending on your needs and schedule, you can come to us, or we can come to you and perform your massage therapy on site in the Albany region. Whatever the setting and whatever your specific reasons for seeking Swedish massage, we pride ourselves on offering professional, high-quality therapeutic massage without unnecessary overhead charges. We’ll be happy to give you a free cost estimate for the therapeutic massage you need: Our rates are $70 for a 60-minute Swedish massage session and $105 for a 90-minute session. Contact us today to learn more about Swedish body massage and our other services, and to book your massage.
All of the Swedish massage therapists at Rejuvenation Massage, LLC, are fully licensed and certified. We’re also fully insured, for your protection and peace of mind.